Monday, January 6, 2014

New year and BBQ Special Ribs

The first complete week of this new year! Happy new year again you guys! I'm so so sorry because the last post was so short, I was literally falling asleep when I wrote it and I had to get up early in the next morning. You know, work. So that's why the post was so meh in my opinion. Let me make up with this one by telling you guys a bit about how was New Year here!

This was me two days before the NYE. We had a lot of heat, a lot of sun and suddenly rain! Could not help but had this photo.




And this was our view just a two hours before the midnight. Everybody on the beach was waiting for the fireworks!



And... Happy New Year!!!

Credit of the picture: Husband! (follow him on instagram: felipefantuzzi, he takes ggreat pictures!)
Happy New Year!

Well, today's recipe will be something our friends call "The reason they got married", which is absurd! I only learned to cook this after we were married. If I have learned before, we would be married way longer!I call it BBQ Special Ribs and I side them with apple sauce. I made for NYE dinner and everybody loved it! Except our vegetarian friend, but I made a 4 cheese crustless quiche for him, so he loved the quiche sided with the apple sauce!



I like to have everybody feeling like they died and went to heaven after eating my food. That's exactly why I love making this ribs. You can go to heaven just with the smell.

BBQ Special Ribs


Material


  • 2 Kg Pork ribs (ask to cut the paralel to the bone, so you have litthe bits with one bone each)
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoon english sauce
  • 2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 400g katchup
  • 125 mL water
  • juice of two lemons
  • salt



Methods


  • season the pork ribs with the lemon juices and salt to taste. I like adding some dried herbs myself, but thats only if you want. Since the ribs are splited you have everything getting in touch with the lemon and salt, and THAT is delicious! I like to leave it over night.
  • wisk together the honey, soy sauce, english sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Mix untill the sugar is well incorporated. 
  • Add the katchup and mix well.  
  • You can make this also on the day before and save it, just to make things faster on the next day. 
  • Place the ribs in a baking pan big enough so they don't get crowded. Add the water to the sauce. 
  • Cover the pan with tin foil and put in the oven at 250ÂșC for at least 1:30h. 
  • After this time, uncover he pan and let it cook until the bits on top start getting crisp. uncovering the pan will help the juices of the meat to evaporate and will thincken the sauce. 
  • Serve and collect the compliments! :)


Experimental observations

The original recipe asked for twice this amount of water, but I rather adding the amount on this recipe, because the juices of the meat will add up to the sauce, or else it gets too thin.

I added some Gochujan to the sauce, you know, just because this is the new love of my life. But you don't need it. You can add a teaspoon of your favorite pepper sauce, or leave the way it is.

I'm also so so sorry for this terrible picture. NYE was so hectic, I could not snap  better shot.

After this Holyday eating, I think I'm gonna work on some low carb recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment