Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cauliflower cheese pie

I was always a huge fan of cauliflower!

Even before it became the big sweetheart of recipes that it is now. My mother always made great dishes with cauliflower: Beer batter deep fried florets, Gratin Cauliflower and her amazing cauliflower soup! And now with this blog, I felt like I owned cauliflower a homage! I've been seeing a lot of smashed cauliflower recipes all around. And they all look amazing! But I wanted to try a little bit further... Making some cauliflower cheese pie!




Cauliflower Cheese pie

Materials


8 florets of cauliflower
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon cream cheese (packed)
salt
2 stripes of bacon
50g cheddar cheese chopped
50g blue cheese crumbled
Shreded Mozzarela
4 slices of peperoni chopped



Method

Preheat the oven in 200ÂșC
Cauliflower has a lot of water, so for this recipe I rather cook the florets in the microwave. Roughly chop the florets and put them in the microwave for 8 minutes. Stop every 2 minuts to toss them a bit.
Put the cauliflower in the blender. Mix well with the heavy cream and cream cheese. Beat until pureed.
Taste and adjust the salt.
Pour a thin layer in the baking pan. Spread on top of it the bacon, cheddar and blue cheese.
Pour the rest of the cream on top of this.
Sprinkle on top the mozzarela and peperoni.
Bake until Cheese melted and start turning golden brown.


Experimental Observation:

When tasting the taste of the cauliflower puree, refrain yourself from eating everything straight from the blender! Belive me, it's a struggle...

I'm not ashamed to admit that I ate this whole pie... Ok, I'm a little ashamed... But I could be more. In my defense, husband don't like cauliflower. So I was being a good wife and not letting this thing he doesn't like around the house.



Everything is ready so quickly, I set everything ready and photographed between geting home from work and going to the gym! Yes, I went to the gym... I'm one of those people now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment