Thursday, January 2, 2014

Seasoned butter

Hello Scientists! How was everybody's New year's?

Mine was great! We hosted our first new years party and we went to Copacabana beach to see the fireworks! This new year I want to cook and blog all the way around the year! Let's experiment!

It was also the first time we invited people over to our new home. I was a little nervous because we never hosted by our own. I made lots of food and everybody seemed to enjoy! That's why the post didn't aired on monday.

I made one little thing to go along with home made bread. 4 types of seasoned butter.

It is realy easy to make and tastes delicious. Next I'll give the recipe for the four types, for each one I used one stick of butter (200g)





Seasoned butter

Material


  • 4 sticks of softened butter
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • oil
  • 3 tablespoons creamy cheddar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon gochujang
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons dried herbs


Methods:

Cheese:


  • Mix the creamy cheese with the softened buter. Beat well until it gets creamy. This one was my favorite. Easy and tastes awesome.


Herbs:


  • Mix the dried herbs with the softened butter. You can also add some dried onions flakes. I really adds to it.


Gochujan


  • Mix the Gochujan bit by bit with the softened butter. You wanna taste after every add of gochujan, because is really strong and spicy. The color looks great.


Garlic


  • Smash the cloves of garlic well put them in a small skillet. Add oil until the garlic floats in the oil and turn on the fire. 
  • Let the garlic fry in medium fire. By adding this much oil you allow the garlic to fry in small, golden brown bits. 
  • Remove the garlic from the oil carefully with a spoon, the garlic is crunchy now, it might break. Put them in a paper towel to absorb the oil and let it cool down. mix with the butter


Experimental observation:

Some recipes on the internet tell you to roll the butter in plastic film, put the rolls in the fridge and slice it when serving. I wanted to use my little serving dishes, so I didn't do it. And also is too hot in here, the slices would just melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment