Sunday, January 26, 2014

Guacaloco

Hello Scientists!

This saturday I had my parents at my new house for the first time! Yey! Match that with the farwell party of one of my best friends from college. She's moving to another state, transfered because of the work.  So you can imagine I was stressed out during the last week. Lots of things to do!

So, we said a proper "See you soon" to our friend. With the special appearence via Facetime of our friend that currently lives in Germany. In his honour we went to his favorite pastel place! And he cused us all the way from Germany because we went there without him.


My mom and dad loved the house! And also loved the beach that comes right across the street. We went to the beach together after seven years! That's right! You can live in Rio de Janeiro and NOT go to the beach for 7 years. I live right across it, and basically only actually go to the beach when we travel. I say Actually go, because we go all the time, at night to go for a walk, and have coconut water. But sea, beach towells, Tea from Hierba Mate and lime, straight from the barrel, you know, the whole shebang! That almost just happen when we travel.




Anyway, we went to the beach with my parents, and my nephew. And beach with kids can be really tiring. Bottom line is, saturday night and pretty much all sunday morning I was useless! And when the hungry striked, I was looking for something easy and fresh. So why not some Guacaloco!



Guacaloco

Materials

  • 2 small avocados
  • 1/2 onion, roughly diced
  • 1 tomato
  • 2 tablespoons Garlic Tabasco
  • 2 tablespoons dry curd
  • 2 tablespoons cream cheese
  • 1/2 table spoon garlic powder
  • salt
  • olive oil



Methods

  • Peel and slice the avocados.
  • Toss in a blender with the onions, tomato, dry curd, cream cheese and garlic tabasco. Mix until smooth
  • Taste and season with garlic powder, salt and olive oil until is up to your taste. And it's done!


Experimental observations

We were at a mexican guy's house once and he served us guacamole mixed in a blender. Husband thought it was great. But I missed some of the creamyness of smashed Guacamole. Thast's when I had the idea of mixing it with dry curd and cream cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment