Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cream cheese and bacon stuffed mushrooms

I was in the mood to make some side dish. And something I don't usually cook much. I remembered the last time I was in the market and saw some very pretty mushrooms and suddenly I got this urge for stuffed mushrooms!

I made some to eat with  the buttermilk chicken of last post. I wanted something smooth and silky but with a twist.



What's better for a twist than bacon and Gochujang? I particularly love bacon and mushrooms, any kind! Better with shimeji but any kind of mushroom is fine, this is just one of the many things I want to do with mushrooms and bacon.



Cream cheese and bacon stuffed mushrooms

Materials

8 mushrooms
2 big tablespoons cream cheese
2 stripes of bacon, chopped and crispy cooked
1/2 teaspoon gochujang
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons of grated parmesan

Methods

Preheat the oven at 200ÂșC
Gently clean the mushrooms and remove the stems and thinly chop them.
Clean the caps and pat them dry so they brown nicely in the oven
Saute the chopped stems in butter until they're soft and brown.
Mix the saute mushrooms and bacon. While it's still warm, mix up the cream cheese and the gochujang. Save some bacon for topping.
Stuff the caps a little over the top of the cap. Press the grated parmesan until cover the whole top of the stuffing.
Put in the oven untill the parmesan crust is golden brown.

Experimental Observation


The mushroom is quite big and can be made as a side dish, but also might be some great appetizer.

I was really afraid that the cream cheese would become very liquid with the heat. But if you press the grated parmesan really well, it becomes a dry crust and preserve the cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment