Thursday, February 6, 2014

Crunchy Cheesy Chicken Bits

This thing of going back to gym is hard!

Everything in my body hurts, except my hair! And when I get back home, all I want is a bath and my bed.

So I was looking for something I could prep ahead and just bake on the way back home. I remember the other day I was looking over some recipes I would like to try. And I remember myself wondering what was this wonder of buttermilk... We don't have buttermilk in Brazil. But aparently it's something amazing all around the globe! So let's give it a try.

Since we don't have it, I had to make it. And make buttermilk is really simple. It's so all over the internet, you have actively try not to learn it! And will be very hard! 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinager and let it sit for 10 minutes.

So, what to do with this? I decided to try with chicken. People say that buttermilk bathed chicken it's so moist and delicious I had to try
.
So How about a Cheesy Chunchy Chicken Bits?



Cheesy Chunchy Chicken Bits

Materials
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 150g shreded grana padano
  • 2 tablespoons of garlic flakes


Methods

  • Roughly cut the chicken breasts in bits and reserve.
  • Season the buttermilk with salt and pepper and lay the chicken breast in the buttermilk for at least three hours. Over the night might be better.
  • Before baking them, mix the breadcrumbs, Grana Padano and garlic flakes
  • Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and let drip the excess of liquid.
  • Roll the chicken bits in the bread mix and set in a lined baking pan.
  • Cook until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment