This thing of going back to gym is hard!
Everything in my body hurts, except my hair! And when I get back home, all I want is a bath and my bed.
So I was looking for something I could prep ahead and just bake on the way back home. I remember the other day I was looking over some recipes I would like to try. And I remember myself wondering what was this wonder of buttermilk... We don't have buttermilk in Brazil. But aparently it's something amazing all around the globe! So let's give it a try.
Since we don't have it, I had to make it. And make buttermilk is really simple. It's so all over the internet, you have actively try not to learn it! And will be very hard! 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinager and let it sit for 10 minutes.
So, what to do with this? I decided to try with chicken. People say that buttermilk bathed chicken it's so moist and delicious I had to try
Cheesy Chunchy Chicken Bits
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 150g shreded grana padano
- 2 tablespoons of garlic flakes
- Roughly cut the chicken breasts in bits and reserve.
- Season the buttermilk with salt and pepper and lay the chicken breast in the buttermilk for at least three hours. Over the night might be better.
- Before baking them, mix the breadcrumbs, Grana Padano and garlic flakes
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and let drip the excess of liquid.
- Roll the chicken bits in the bread mix and set in a lined baking pan.
- Cook until golden brown.